The profile of hospitality students have changed as the industry is adapting to new times and shaping their recruitment and human resources policies to give a proper response to the demands of future hospitality professionals. From the perspective of Young Skål, we too need to rethink the way we approach the new generations and how we engage with them to encourage them to become members of Skål International.
We need to change the way we work with young professionals, and persuade them to embrace all the benefits of our Organization.
One of the aspects we need to tackle is the way we create events for these students. We need to pay attention to the way we communicate with them to reach our target market and to create beneficial content that will interest them. The best way to do it is undoubtedly to co-create those activities with them. The fact they intervene in the creation of events that have a direct turnaround on their professional development will lead to success. It is necessary that they give their opinion and contribute to the organization of their own events.
Before the Andorra Young Skål Workshop (which is going to be held on May 11th, 2018) we will have a full day meeting concentrating on the FUTURE OF YOUNG SKAL CO-CREATION. The Young Skåls attending the meeting in Andorra will be part of a working team while we would appreciate as much input from Young Skåleagues around the Globe Online.
FUTURE OF YOUNG SKÅL CO-CREATION PROGRAMME:
10.05.2018 – 11.05.2018: €115 per person in dbl/twin
· 1 night’s accommodation at the Hotel City M28 with breakfast
· Transfer from Sants Station, Barcelona to the bus station in Andorra- Departure 10.05, Return 11.05 (the hotel is approximately a 10-15 minutes walk from the bus station)
10.05: Afternoon programme: Registration before 16.00 hours
· 16:30-19:00 B2B session including coffee break
· 20:30-23:30 Welcome Cocktail Dinner
11.05: Daily programme in the Convention Centre
· 09:30 – 11:30 Opening Ceremony
· 11:30 – 12:00 Coffee Break
· 12:00 – 14:30 Young Skål Workshop (convention centre)